The American University Military-Connected Club is an official chapter of Student Veterans of America (SVA), a 501(c)(3) coalition of student-veteran groups on college campuses across the globe. SVA’s parent chapter is located in Washington, DC.
The American University Military Connected Club (AUMCC) is open to all students, regardless of military-affiliation. We welcome ROTC, active duty, reserve, National Guard, retirees, veterans, and military supporters.
Monthly General Body Meeting. Held the first Sunday of each month from 6:30-7:30pm EST via Zoom.
Weekly Veteran Discussion. A weekly Zoom discussion for any veteran-related topics from 8-9pm EST via Zoom.
Student Veterans of America (SVA) National Conference. January 6-8, 2022 in Orlando, FL. Executive Board members are encouraged to attend.
Camaraderie. We’re a tight-knit community that shares information and joyful experiences where we can thrive emotionally, physically, and academically.
Support. We link AUMCC students with resources, assistance, training opportunities, support, and social engagements to improve academic, social, emotional, and professional experiences, success, and overall wellbeing.
Advocacy. We represent the unique needs of all American University military-connected students, regardless of participation through collaboration with Veterans Services to provide designated spaces and establish /maintain a military inclusive campus.
By officially joining the group, you will be informed of AUMCC events, have a voice in veteran support issues on campus, and increase the advocacy power of the group by increasing the official count of our club, giving us a larger voice on campus.
Mission and Purpose
To connect, assist and support so members can thrive (CAST).
To that end, AUCC’s executive branch is committed to the following:
- Serve as the primary representative and unified voice of the student military population to American University’s administration, faculty, staff, trustees, and surrounding community;
- Represent the unique needs of all American University military-connected students, regardless of AUMCC participation;
- Link American University military-connected students with resources, assistance, training opportunities, support, and social engagements that improve their academic, social, emotional, and professional experiences, success, and overall well-being;
- Collaborate with the Veterans Services to provide a designated space with exclusive use by AUMCC, their guests, and advisor(s);
- Establish and maintain a military inclusive campus. Military inclusive is defined as: identifying military-connected student unique needs and gaps then working to fill those so that the military-connected student experience is in line with the college experience.
Connect with us to learn more about AUMCC, how you can contribute to AU’s military-inclusive campus, or how to be more involved with the club and SVA.
310-415-6320 – Club President Jennifer Thurston