The American University Military-Connected Club is an official chapter of
Student Veterans of America (SVA), a 501(c)(3) coalition of student-veteran
groups on college campuses across the globe. SVA’s parent chapter is located in
Mission and Purpose
To connect, assist and support so members can thrive (CAST).
To that end, AUCC’s executive branch is committed to the following:
- Serve as the primary representative and unified voice of the student military population to American University’s administration, faculty, staff, trustees, and surrounding community;
- Represent the unique needs of all American University military-connected students, regardless of AUMCC participation;
- Connect American University military connected students with resources, assistance, training opportunities, support, and social engagements that improve their academic, social, emotional and professional experiences, success and overall improve their academic, social, emotional, and professional experiences, success, and overall wellbeing;
- Collaborate with University Partners to maintain a designated space with exclusive use by AUMCC, their guests, and advisor(s).
- Establish and maintain a military inclusive campus. Military inclusive is
defined as: identifying military-connected student unique needs and gaps then working to fill those so that the military-connected student experience is in line with the college experience.
Military Inclusive Campus Goals
- Establish a Military-Connected Leadership Counsel comprised of AU military-connected, staff, faculty, and alumni;
- Achieve Vet Success on Campus with a designated Veterans Benefits Counselor on campus;
- Maintain Yellow Ribbon status;
- Close the childcare gap – Provide free childcare for military-connected students in need;
- Offer discrete, stigma-free meal cards to combat food insecurity;
- AUMCC E-board and Veterans Services regularly disseminate opportunities and information through a plethora of channels;
- Alumni Relations disseminates .70 cents of every dollar donated to Veterans. Funds directly support
military-connected student programs, events and outreach;
- Establish the adopt a military-connected student program providing AUMCC-Undergrads a home away from home;
- Establish campus wide education for staff and faculty on challenges and learning barriers unique to many militaryconnected children, including the effects of trauma;
- Extend complimentary parking.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Do you have questions, comments, suggestions, or want to engage with our club directly? Please use the form to write the club leadership team directly.
Have You Officially Joined the Club?
The American University Military Connected Club (AUMCC) is open to all students, regardless of military-affiliation. We welcome ROTC, active duty, reserve, National Guard, retirees, veterans, and military supports.
To officially join AUMCC and receive updates on club events and news, you must register within American University's Engage system. Click the button below, log in with your American credentials, and request to join today!